Join our Talent Community
Stay informed about news, events and opportunities at Oshkosh Corporation by joining our Talent Community.
At Oshkosh Corporation, we offer great opportunities for high school students to explore careers with us.
From our School to Work program where students can earn a diploma while working at Oshkosh and obtaining great experience to our Youth Engineering Apprenticeship Program.
We are excited to help students prepare for the future and providing the experiences they need to be successful.
School to Work Program
- Interested in technical careers?
- Looking for a hands-on learning experience?
- Eager to apply your learning to an on-the-job experience AND get paid for your work?
- Will you be a high school junior in the Oshkosh Area School District in the fall?
The Oshkosh Corporation School to Work Program provides an opportunity for high school juniors to begin a two-year program to earn their high school diploma.
- Hands-on learning while developing manufacturing and employability skills.
- Participation in classroom sessions for 3 hours per day and then proceed to the workplace for 4 hours.
- Paid experience while under the guidance of an Oshkosh Corporation mentor.
Program Eligibility and Information
Engineering Apprenticeship Program
- Interested in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics?
- Excited to get real world educational experiences with professional engineers?
- Looking to gain experience in:
- Drafting and design
- Mechanical/electrical/software engineering
- Materials engineering
The one-year apprenticeship program focuses on learning core technical engineering skills, led by industry professionals,
and is designed to prepare students for both entry into college and their engineering career.
- High School Seniors for the upcoming academic year are eligible to apply.
- Students will be able to complete 450 hours of paid project work assigned by engineering professionals throughout the year.
- Students who complete the program will earn a Youth Apprenticeship Certification from the State of Wisconsin.
The Oshkosh Corporation School to Work Program is in partnership with: